2010-05-22

Thinking about CinemaScope.

Today I’ve been thinking and investigating about the short film presentation. It seems that the standard concerning formats is HD both in 1080 and 720.

I really want that this short film to be a tale, so I’ll try with different formats, something out of the box and different from the trend followed by the most commercial productions. Something magical, with a touch of epic, a tale that looks whimsical to the eyes. Because of that, I tried a wonderful format, unique and full of feelings: CinemaScope.

It’s just an idea I’m doing some trials and I really like the results but made it’s too soonn to make a bet. Even though the story wants to be timeless itself, I’m really leaning towards setting the film in the 50s so CinemaScope will help a lot realizing the scenes as this format had its gold age in these years.

I’ll keep on investigating about formats but CinemaScope has captivated me for now.
Find below some simple tests.

--- Spanish version ---

Hoy he estado pensando e investigando sobre cómo presentar el cortometraje, en cuanto a formato, quiero decir. Parece ser que los estándares actuales son los conocidos HD 720 y 1080.

Realmente me gustaría presentar este cortometraje como si de un cuento se tratase, así que intentaré probar formatos diferentes, algo que se salga un poco de la tendencia comercial, de las producciones más comunes. Algo mágico, con un toque épico. Así pues, estoy haciendo pruebas con un formato maravilloso, único y lleno de sentimientos; CinemaScope.

Es solo una idea, estoy haciendo varias pruebas y los resultados me gustan mucho, aunque todavía es demasiado pronto como para hacer una apuesta segura sobre este formato.
Además CinemaScope puede ayudar a situar la historia, ya que ésta está ambientada en los años cincuenta, donde éste formato tuvo su mayor auge.

Seguiré investigando acerca de formatos y formas de presentación, pero el CinemaScope me ha cautivado por ahora.
Aquí dejo unos test del formato.

Cinemascope full size
2390 x 1000 2.39:1

 
Cinemascope half size
1195 x 500 2.39:1

No comments:

Post a Comment